The NEF Fellows is a select programme that recognises 15 of Africa’s best young scientists and technologists. These innovators and emerging leaders, at least 40 percent of whom are women, will have two main opportunities as a NEF Fellow:
- Advance their scientific career. NEF Fellows have a unique platform to:
- Present their work at the NEF Global Gathering in the presence of leading scientists, journalists, industries and business people from the world.
- Gain exposure to a global audience of approximately 100 million viewers and readers worldwide.
- Draw upon the vast networks of NEF members and participants for support, connections and counsel to advance their work.
- Develop mentoring relationships with leading scientists, policymakers, industry representatives and civil-society leaders
- Inspire the next generation of African innovators. NEF Fellows participate in campaigns and events to encourage young people to pursue scientific careers.
What does it take to be a NEF Fellow?
Applications to be a NEF Fellow are open to Africans from around the world – including those who currently reside in the Diaspora – in all fields of science, including the social sciences and technology fields. Applicants should be under 42 years old and have a doctorate degree with a demonstrated track record of innovative research and findings. NEF Fellows must also be passionate about raising Africa’s science profile and be able to captivate both a scientific and non-scientific audiences.
Where can I apply?
The NEF Fellows Programme has already selected the Fellows class 2016/2017 . The next round of Fellows selection will open in 2017.
MEET THE 2016/2017 NEF FELLOWS