Scientific Program Committee
BACK TO PROFILES
Director for International Affairs in Africa, the Near and Middle East at the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG)
His team facilitates collaborations of researchers at German institutions with their colleagues in the region.
Serves as a member of the International Executive Support Group with Global Research Council (GRC)
- Diploma/Master degree in Physics, University of Aachen, Germany
- PhD in Neuroscience, University of Marburg, Germany (PhD in Neuroscience)
- Postdoctoral research at the Research Centre Jülich, Germany.
- Published widely in Neuroscience using electrophysiological and functional imaging (fMRI) methods in animal and human visual systems.
- His research targeted the development of a visual prosthesis and the understanding of the human visual
system with regard to its functional delineation and neural correlates of joint attention.