Scientific Program Committee
BACK TO PROFILES
Director for International Affairs in Africa, the Near and Middle East at the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG)
- Diploma/Master degree in Physics, University of Aachen, Germany
- PhD in Neuroscience, University of Marburg, Germany (PhD in Neuroscience)
- Postdoctoral research at the Research Centre Jülich, Germany.
- Published widely in Neuroscience using electrophysiological and functional imaging (fMRI) methods in animal and human visual systems.
- His research targeted the development of a visual prosthesis and the understanding of the human visual
system with regard to its functional delineation and neural correlates of joint attention.