Over the last few years, banks and other large companies have deployed their USSD applications at great cost due to the engineering effort and equipment required. Until very recently, individuals and small organizations could never even dream of building their own USSD apps. USSD stands for Unstructured Supplementary Service Data and supposedly it never got a catchy mainstream alias because it never really took off. More recently, banks and utility companies have started taking advantage of the protocol to build mobile banking and utility management applications all across the continent. Read more
- NEF Community of Scientists review digital economy strategy, elects new Executive Committee
- At Davos 2019, NEF Experts Examine How to Accelerate Innovation in Africa
- African mothers in science need more support.
- I have no doubt the next great scientific minds will be from Africa
- The Next Einstein Forum publishes first issue multidisciplinary journal Scientific African and accompanying Scientific African Magazine