Scientific Program Committee
Appointed Director, World Bank’s Food and Agriculture Global Practice in September 2017.
He oversees the strategic direction and high-quality delivery of the Agriculture Global Practice work program with a focus on Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
- He was the manager of the Food and Agriculture Global Practice for Africa (2015-2017) and South Asia (2009-2015) while based in Pakistan.
- Served as Lead Economist and Sector Leader for the Sustainable Development Network in Nigeria covering a variety of issues such as agriculture, social, environment, transport, and energy.
- Before joining the World Bank, Dr. Ehui worked for 15 years in the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).
- He managed multi-country agricultural research development programs in Africa and Asia for both the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) and the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI).
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics from Purdue University and has published extensively in his field.
- Honorary fellow of the African Agricultural Economist Association, and a Distinguished Agricultural Alumnus of Purdue University