Several elements are needed for an innovation ecosystem to be successful. Innovation centres, universities, industry bodies, complementary resources and capabilities are also vital. These include knowledge resources, technology related skills and funding to support the creation and commercialization of products and services. This helps to ensure that each member of an innovation ecosystem derives value that’s greater than what it can generate alone, writes Read moreProfessor, Director: School of Consumer Intelligence and Information Systems, University of Johannesburg in THECONVERSATION.
Newsletter Sign Up
- How biobanks can help improve the integrity of scientific research
- Why global South should lead solar geo-engineering R&D
- A new way to equip Africa’s science labs: get students to build their own
- Meet Salma Okonkwo, the brain behind Ghana’s biggest solar farm
- Open-science hardware in the developing world