Several elements are needed for an innovation ecosystem to be successful. Innovation centres, universities, industry bodies, complementary resources and capabilities are also vital. These include knowledge resources, technology related skills and funding to support the creation and commercialization of products and services. This helps to ensure that each member of an innovation ecosystem derives value that’s greater than what it can generate alone, writes Read moreProfessor, Director: School of Consumer Intelligence and Information Systems, University of Johannesburg in THECONVERSATION.
Newsletter Sign Up
- AfriLabs admits 40 new tech hubs on the African continent
- Intelligence artificielle en Afrique : « Le risque de captation de valeur existe », décrypte Cédric Villani
- A bloodless malaria test by a young Ugandan inventor won Africa’s top engineering prize
- Rwanda launches research and innovation fund
- Ghanaian makes Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation finals with mini science kit