Several elements are needed for an innovation ecosystem to be successful. Innovation centres, universities, industry bodies, complementary resources and capabilities are also vital. These include knowledge resources, technology related skills and funding to support the creation and commercialization of products and services. This helps to ensure that each member of an innovation ecosystem derives value that’s greater than what it can generate alone, writes Read moreProfessor, Director: School of Consumer Intelligence and Information Systems, University of Johannesburg in THECONVERSATION.
Newsletter Sign Up
- Gov’t pledges 1% GDP to support STEM education
- Second edition of Next Einstein Forum Africa Science Week begins in 35 countries
- Kenya signs MOU to host the Next Einstein Forum Global Gathering 2020 in Nairobi
- New database puts African education research at the heart of policy and practice
- How an app is helping to collect genetic data in Ethiopia and Ghana