Women of color face numerous barriers in the STEM fields. In a well-researched paper, the scholars indicate the unique factors that contribute to challenges that women of color face in the STEM industry, including tokenism, bicultural stress, racism and stereotyping, among other challenges. The research also examines the combination of courage, strength and resilience that women of color bring to the STEM environment.
Newsletter Sign Up
- AfriLabs admits 40 new tech hubs on the African continent
- Intelligence artificielle en Afrique : « Le risque de captation de valeur existe », décrypte Cédric Villani
- A bloodless malaria test by a young Ugandan inventor won Africa’s top engineering prize
- Rwanda launches research and innovation fund
- Ghanaian makes Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation finals with mini science kit