Women of color face numerous barriers in the STEM fields. In a well-researched paper, the scholars indicate the unique factors that contribute to challenges that women of color face in the STEM industry, including tokenism, bicultural stress, racism and stereotyping, among other challenges. The research also examines the combination of courage, strength and resilience that women of color bring to the STEM environment.
Newsletter Sign Up
- The biomedical smart jacket that diagnoses pneumonia using Bluetooth
- The Innovation Paradox : Developing-Country Capabilities and the Unrealized Promise of Technological Catch-Up
- Mathematicians Charged To Diagnose Africa’s Science And Maths Problems
- SILICON LAGOON: AFRICA’S TECH REVOLUTION HEADS WEST
- Local doctor gives brighter future to kids in Africa-Changing lives through education