Women of color face numerous barriers in the STEM fields. In a well-researched paper, the scholars indicate the unique factors that contribute to challenges that women of color face in the STEM industry, including tokenism, bicultural stress, racism and stereotyping, among other challenges. The research also examines the combination of courage, strength and resilience that women of color bring to the STEM environment.
Newsletter Sign Up
- Promoting African Science Through the Next Einstein Forum – #NEF2016
- African science and education ministers meet in Kigali to accelerate collaborative research networks and funding mechanisms
- Calling Africa’s brightest young scientists & innovators, apply to become a NEF Fellow!
- NEF joins global research leadership in Delhi to address growth, interdisciplinarity and women in research
- South Africa’s National Research Foundation joins the Next Einstein Forum as a member