Women of color face numerous barriers in the STEM fields. In a well-researched paper, the scholars indicate the unique factors that contribute to challenges that women of color face in the STEM industry, including tokenism, bicultural stress, racism and stereotyping, among other challenges. The research also examines the combination of courage, strength and resilience that women of color bring to the STEM environment.
Newsletter Sign Up
- West African girls show the way in Senegal tech battle
- AIMS welcomes its first female Research Chair specializing in Optimal Control under the German Research Chair program
- How Digital Technology is changing farming in Africa
- Solar energy is really our only answer for long-term sustainable energy
- Why S&T could raise Africa’s agricultural productivity