The Next Einstein Forum (NEF) is a platform that brings together leading thinkers in science, policy, industry and civil society in Africa to leverage science to solve global challenges. Learn more today.
Who Can I Interview?
Depending on your inquiry, the media team can direct you to top researchers, academics, policymakers and innovators from Africa. Send your inquiry to email@example.com.
How Can I Register for the NEF Global Gathering?
The 2018 NEF Global Gathering will be held in March 2018 in Kigali, Rwanda. Media registration will open in September 2017. To express interest in attending, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Can I Learn More?
The NEF media team streamlines requests and responds to on- and offline media in a timely manner. If you are developing coverage of science in Africa or need a specific expert scientific source, please contact email@example.com.
NEF Community Guidelines
Launched in 2013, the Next Einstein Forum (NEF) is an initiative of the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) in partnership with Robert Bosch Stiftung. The NEF is a platform that connects science, society and policy in Africa and the rest of the world – with the goal to leverage science for human development globally. The NEF believes that Africa’s contributions to the global scientific community are critical for global progress. At the center of NEF efforts are Africa’s young people, the driving force for Africa’s scientific renaissance. Read more about us at nef.org/about-us
NEF digital platforms were created to celebrate African science at the and highlight the essential role which science plays in human development. These guidelines are here to help you understand what it means to be a NEF community member. Our hope is that NEF digital platforms allow members to engage with posted content. We hope that as we share stories/opportunities/discoveries etc., members engage, ask questions, start discussions and answer questions.
The NEF digital team will endeavor, with members help, to make NEF digital platforms safe and enriching places. We expect each member to conduct themselves with integrity, decency, and respect.
Here is our commitment to members. We aim to:
- Keep members updated on news about science, technology, engineering, mathematics and social science from Africa and relevant information from all over the world
- Curate an exciting NEF Blog with exciting content from our NEF Ambassadors/Fellows as well as guest blogs that is posted on our all our digital platforms
- Share the stories of what the NEF calls “Role Models”, African researchers and innovators doing impactful work
- Keep you informed about what the work we are doing in research, policy, partnerships etc.
- Keep you updated about on the NEF Global Gatherings
- Respond to all messages and queries within 24 hours
We ask our members:
- To respect the community space. All NEF platforms involve a certain level of trust. We trust you to be responsible.
- To post content that is true, accurate and based on verifiable facts. NEF platforms are open for discussion on issues of ongoing relevance but we ask members to focus on verifiable facts.
- Respect copyright by posting or uploading original content that you made or that you are authorized to use. This means that if you did not create the content, please cite the author or publisher that owns the copyright.
- Be mindful of any hateful content, we encourage free speech and try to defend your right to express unpopular points of view, but we don’t permit hate speech. Example of hate speech is any content biased based on certain attributes, such as race, disability and gender.
- Not to post violent content that primarily intends to be shocking, sensational, or disrespectful. If posting graphic content in a news or documentary context, please be mindful to provide enough information to help people understand what is going on in the video.