On February 26th, in honor of Black History Month, President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama honored 19 year-old Nigerian Saheela Ibraheem with an official White House reception. Named among the “World’s 50 Smartest Teenagers,” Ibraheem was accepted into 14 prestigious colleges including MIT, Harvard, Cornell, Brown, Princeton, among others. She started Harvard at age 15 and studied neurobiology. She is especially passionate about math and science. and speaks five languages (Yoruba, Arabic, Spanish, English and Latin). Her plan is to become a neurobiologist or neuroscientist to study how the brain works.
Newsletter Sign Up
- Chimie : Les Africains pour une souveraineté accrue
- Dr Angelina Lutambi: Fighting Malaria in Africa using mathematical sciences
- African Researchers Receive Financial Mathematics Knowledge
- Team Nigeria shines in 2017 global robotics competition – Sponsors
- Ex-Chairman of Mathematics Association of Nigeria MAN advocates modern methods in teaching Mathematics