On February 26th, in honor of Black History Month, President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama honored 19 year-old Nigerian Saheela Ibraheem with an official White House reception. Named among the “World’s 50 Smartest Teenagers,” Ibraheem was accepted into 14 prestigious colleges including MIT, Harvard, Cornell, Brown, Princeton, among others. She started Harvard at age 15 and studied neurobiology. She is especially passionate about math and science. and speaks five languages (Yoruba, Arabic, Spanish, English and Latin). Her plan is to become a neurobiologist or neuroscientist to study how the brain works.
Newsletter Sign Up
- Scientists build hydrogen sensor readable with the naked eye
- There’s more to evidence-based policies than data: why it matters for healthcare
- How a West African lab made a 3D printer from toxic e-waste
- Nairobi Scientists discover technology to manage maize pest
- Open access publishing platform launched for African scientists