In this latest podcast episode, NEF Fellow Dr. Komminist “Kommy” Weldemariam, a research scientist at IBM Research – Africa, explains how his new project using a digital schools-reporting platform will help transform education in Africa. Dr. Weldemariam says, “What we are doing here is trying to reverse the classic technology transfer where Africa inherits innovation from the West,” says Weldemariam. “We’re building something that can be exported to schools around the world.” To read more about this exciting project, go to Forbes.
Newsletter Sign Up
- Promoting African Science Through the Next Einstein Forum – #NEF2016
- African science and education ministers meet in Kigali to accelerate collaborative research networks and funding mechanisms
- Calling Africa’s brightest young scientists & innovators, apply to become a NEF Fellow!
- NEF joins global research leadership in Delhi to address growth, interdisciplinarity and women in research
- South Africa’s National Research Foundation joins the Next Einstein Forum as a member