The NEF Fellows is a select programme that recognises Africa’s best young scientists and technologists. These innovators and emerging leaders, at least 40 percent of whom are women, will have two main opportunities as a NEF Fellow:
- Advance their scientific career. NEF Fellows have a unique platform to:
- Present their work at the NEF Global Gathering in the presence of leading scientists, journalists, industries and business people from around the world.
- Gain exposure to a global audience of approximately 100 million viewers and readers worldwide.
- Draw upon the vast networks of NEF members and participants for support, connections, and counsel to advance their work.
- Develop mentoring relationships with leading scientists, policymakers, industry representatives and civil-society leaders
- Inspire the next generation of African innovators. NEF Fellows participate in campaigns and events to encourage young people to pursue scientific careers.
What does it take to be a NEF Fellow?
Applications to be a NEF Fellow are open to Africans from around the world – including those who currently reside in the Diaspora – in all fields of science, including the social sciences and technology fields. Applicants should be under 42 years old and have a doctorate degree with a demonstrated track record of innovative research and findings. NEF Fellows must also be passionate about raising Africa’s science profile and be able to captivate both a scientific and non-scientific audiences.
Where can I apply?
We are currently receiving applications on a rolling basis. Strong preference will be given to female applicants. To apply, write to email@example.com and we will send your an application package.