Professor Niane is currently the Minister of Higher Education and Research of the Republic of Senegal. Prior to this post he was the Director of the Faculty of Applied Science and Technology at the University Gaston Berger where he held the position of Rector from 11 January 2007 to 29 October 2012. Prof. Mary Teuw Niane is a member of the National Academy of Science and Technology of Senegal since January 2000; Board Member of the African Mathematical Union and Member of the International Mathematical Union Comity in Development and exchange. He holds a Doctorate in Mathematical Sciences.
Newsletter Sign Up
- Women influencing tech in Ghana
- Astronomers have discovered a comet-like exoplanet that trails a huge, Rapunzel-like hair made of gasbehind it
- A Gender Gap With a Deadly Cost: The Need for More Women Surgeons
- These nanobots can kill cancer cells in 60 seconds
- Guest Blog: The Damage Caused by the 93-Day Internet Blackout in Cameroon-Sophie Ngassa