Professor Niane is currently the Minister of Higher Education and Research of the Republic of Senegal. Prior to this post he was the Director of the Faculty of Applied Science and Technology at the University Gaston Berger where he held the position of Rector from 11 January 2007 to 29 October 2012. Prof. Mary Teuw Niane is a member of the National Academy of Science and Technology of Senegal since January 2000; Board Member of the African Mathematical Union and Member of the International Mathematical Union Comity in Development and exchange. He holds a Doctorate in Mathematical Sciences.
Newsletter Sign Up
- Le Next Einstein Forum lance les inscriptions pour son concours d’innovation Ci2i
- Next Einstein Forum launches applications for its innovation competition Ci2i
- There’s No Such Thing as Being Bad at Math: How Neuroscience Is Changing the Equation
- For tech to be funded, it must improve lives
- International scientists collaborate on Global State of Young Scientists (GloSYS) Africa study to deepen understanding of early-career scientists and scholars in Africa and the African diaspora