Professor Niane is currently the Minister of Higher Education and Research of the Republic of Senegal. Prior to this post he was the Director of the Faculty of Applied Science and Technology at the University Gaston Berger where he held the position of Rector from 11 January 2007 to 29 October 2012. Prof. Mary Teuw Niane is a member of the National Academy of Science and Technology of Senegal since January 2000; Board Member of the African Mathematical Union and Member of the International Mathematical Union Comity in Development and exchange. He holds a Doctorate in Mathematical Sciences.
Newsletter Sign Up
- When evolution and biotechnologies collide
- An interview with Brida Mbuwir, PhD Candidate in Electrical Engineering and Former Electrical Engineer at Schneider Electric
- Gravitational waves are helping scientists to detect black holes
- Why African entrepreneurs need to think bigger
- Leapfrogging Progress -The Misplaced Promise of Africa’s Mobile Revolution